Wild Rice and Pepper Jack Salad Recipe for a picnic or potluck, the salad is a quick to make all american summer favorite.
Prep: 20 minutes, Cook: 35 minutes, Serve: 10 (3/4-cups)
3 cups water
1 cup uncooked wild rice, rinsed
2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
3 cups broccoli florets
1 cup walnut halves
1/4 cup sliced green onions
4 ounces (1 cup) LAND O LAKES Hot Pepper Monterey Jack Cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 medium (1 cup) red bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
1/2 cup thinly sliced carrot
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1. Place water, wild rice and chicken bouillon granules in 4-quart saucepan.
2. Cook over medium-high heat until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook until rice is tender (35 to 40 minutes). Drain; cool completely.
3. Meanwhile, combine all salad dressing ingredients in large bowl; mix well.
4. Add cooled wild rice and all remaining salad ingredients to salad dressing; toss to mix well.
5. Cover; store refrigerated.
Notes and Tips:
• For a main dish salad, add 2 cups cubed cooked ham.
• Add 1/2 teaspoon curry powder to dressing for a spicier flavor.
|Wild Rice and Pepper Jack Salad Recipe|